- Off Site Catering To A Local Barn
Thank you so much for everything! It was a pleasure working with you and your staff is amazing! I know it was so hot and yet everyone was always pleasant and helpful!
Everyone loved the food and how you had everything separated into individual portions to reduce any additional risks! The weekend turned out great (minus to excessive sweating, lol) and much of it was because the meal was such a hit! Thanks again for all of your hard work! We appreciate it!!
We look forward to using your services again!
Ginny (July 2020)
- Our daughter recently got married and we had their reception at Northern Lights Ballroom & Catering. We were also the decorating team for the wedding. It was an absolute pleasure to work with this family owned business. They went out of their way to make sure we had things just the way we wanted. The food was awesome and the service was wonderful. Everything looked beautiful!! We would highly recommend this venue for your event!!!
Vicki (February 2020)
- Northern lights took special care of the details of our wedding and took all of the stress from us. They had the venue set beautifully for us before we arrived the day of the event, and were available whenever we needed anything.After our ceremony they quickly changed the dining room from the ceremony seating to a gorgeous dining table set in excellent time for us and our guests to finish our social hour.Our dinner and cake was delightful and the overhead music they put on was perfect to set a casual mood over the group. We’re so happy with our choice to book with Northern lights and would happily do so again!Austin (March 2020)
We had such a wonderful day. Your place is gorgeous! We got so many compliments on everything! Your staff was GREAT! Dinner was awesome! Everything was perfect! Thanks for all your help!Thanks!Alissa (February 2020)
Thank you! We had an exceptional weekend thanks to the Northern Lights Ballroom Team. We’re especially grateful for your meticulous planning leading up to the event and Maggie’s fine-tuning and execution the day of! The bartenders were professional and personable, though I can’t remember their names (I suspect this is a testament to their skill!)Thanks so much for a lovely evening full of (almost) stress free fun!Colin Berg (February 2020)
- I want to let you know that everything was perfect!! Our friends and family were very happy with your place and love coming to weddings there!Thank you so much!!!
Jackie (February 2020)
- You have a wonderful thing going there all around. It was GREAT!!
Thanks again, Cathy (January 2020)
- Thank you for all you did for us. The venue was perfect and our day extremely special.
Victoria (January 2020)
- First I want to thank you for everything. It went very smooth and the food was amazing! We had several comments from guests that the food was phenomenal
Kathy (September 2019)
- Thank you for such a great evening! The food and venue were great. I got so many compliments on the roast beef and I agree it was some of the best I’ve had
Bryan (May 2018)
- Thank you Bryony. Everything was perfect and the food was very good.Thanks to you and your staff for putting on a great show!Jeff (August 2019)
- I wanted to say thank you so much for catering at Brady and I’s wedding! It was delicious and you guys were awesome through the whole process!
Erica (August 2019)
- Thank you, again, for a perfect day for Dani & Luke. Everyone is still talking about how great the venue was. And the food was the best they’d had at a wedding in a long time!
Becky (June 2019)
- Loved our wedding back in October. The cook was AMAZING, best wedding food I have EVER had. They were willing to help us store decorations before the wedding, which was huge. If I could re-due our wedding again, I’d still pick northern lights!
- Thank you SO much for everything – our day was perfect and we can’t thank you enough!
Emily (April 2018)
- Thank you so much! Everything was perfect!
Sam (March 2018)
- We had the most beautiful wedding reception at Northern Lights Ballroom January 6, 2018! The food was amazing and the service great.
We loved working with their staff! They were so helpful and great at communicating with us! If you are located north of the cities, but still want a quality reception, then this is the venue for you!
- It was an amazing day! Thank you so very very much for everything! Our wedding was ever thing I dreamed of. Thank for being so great and making our day so special.
Nikki (March 2018)
- Many thanks to you, Wendy, Nancy, and all your staff for the wonderful groom’s supper and wedding reception! As always, the surroundings were beautiful, the food was great, and the service was top-notch!
Terri (January 2018)
- We loved this venue! They did take care of everything. Bryony really cared about making sure everything was specifically how I needed it on that day. We did have another wedding going on next door and it was no problem at all. If I had to get married all over again I would go this route. Everyone loved the food. We did ribs and roast beef. I highly recommend doing an all inclusive package. It wasn’t actually that expensive and everyone was well taken care of. The ballroom was beautiful and best of all we didn’t have to clean up. Genny Reynolds decorated for us as well and we were super happy with her.
- I just want to thank you forever you guys did. Our wedding was amazing and everything was perfect thanks again!!!!!!
Kala (September 2017)
- To Wendy and Bryony,
I just wanted to Thank You so much. The Wedding went great.I received a lot of compliments on how great the food was. You and your staff did an amazing job.
Sheri (September 2017)
- Bryony and Wendy,
Thank you so much for making this last weekend absolutely perfect and unforgettable. It truly was an amazing day. Thank you for all of your hard work putting everything together. From the emails, meetings, grooms dinner, and wedding…. everything was perfect. We received several compliments on how beautiful the venue is and how delicious the food was. I truly couldn’t have asked for anything better. I will definitely spread the word :). Thank you again for making my wedding day truly the best day of my life. Happy holidays!
Kelsey (December 2017)
- We had an absolutely amazing time and couldn’t have done it without you. We received so many compliments on the food and the venue itself!
Angela (September 2017)
- You made my wedding day magical 2 years ago. We loved the center so much I suggested it to our class as a reunion spot!
We wanted to let you know how much we loved your venue from amazing food to great communication. Beef was basically falling apart that you didn’t even need a knife and chicken was melting in your mouth. It was also always easy to reach you with any questions, and I know it is not always possible but it was convenient that we could go in and decorate on Friday (save me so much stress!). Not to mention that from the very beginning we knew exactly what our total will be for the night and there was never any hidden fees. We will highly recommend your venue to any of our family and friends and we are so very thankful for our great experience!
Justyna & Steven (September 2017)
- “Such a great group of people to work with!!! The food was amazing! This venue is such a great find! Highly recommend checking them out!”
Sherise (June 2017)
- Saturday was amazing and your staff did a phenomenal job!!
You guys made our reception a dream come true!
Rebecca (July 2017)
- Everything was amazing tonight!!! Thank you all so much!!
Sherise (June 2017)
- Thank you from the bottom of my heart for such a BEAUTIFUL AND PRECIOUS EVENT that you hosted for us! It will forever be a part of the fabric of our lives. You and your family and staff blessed us beyond measure and we hope and pray that you are blessed in return for your efforts!
Janice (May 2017)
Thank you for the excellent treatment. I don’t think we ever got around to telling you thanks, it has been so hectic. The wedding was absolutely amazing. The weather could have been a bit better but it makes for an interesting note to the day! Thank you so much for all your help in making the day perfect!!!Justin (December 2016)
- Thank you!! We had the best time there!! Everything and everyone was so amazing!
Becky Wimmer (April 2017)
- I know I have said it before but I will say it again, thank you for being such a HUGE help on our wedding day!
Shawny (October 2016)
- I had my wedding reception at the ballroom this past July. I absolutely loved working with you and was so happy with how perfect everything turned out! It was truly the happiest day of my life!
Katie (July 2015)
- Amazing Venue, Fantastic Staff!
- I cannot believe the hospitality and care we received from Bryony and Wendy! First, Bryony went above and beyond to make sure I had everything I wanted out of my wedding. Secondly, Wendy puts her heart and soul into her cooking and you witness this in the first taste of anything she prepares! Seriously, its everything I could have asked for because of all the support I received from all the staff. I absolutely recommend this to be your venue spot 150%! If there were a choice of more than 5 ★’s they would definitely be receiving 10 out of five stars! Thank you so much ladies!
Kylee & Andrew
- This place is so wonderful! It is a beautiful setting for a wedding! The food is wonderful! And as others have noted, it is the service that really shines! Everyone was so helpful, efficient and professional! My daughter and her husbands wedding was fantastic and we are so grateful for this place and their staff! Thank you!
- I wanted to tell you that everything was perfect for our wedding. The food was delicious, everything looked so nice, and everyone had a wonderful time. Thank you so much!! 😊 and the woman who was in charge (can’t remember her name) did an excellent job!
Kathy Stacky (6/20/15)
- My wife and I planned a short time frame wedding and Northern Lights Ballroom was able to facilitate my wedding ceremony, my dinner, my wedding photos, EVERYTHING! The staff was amazing and catered to our every whim. They have multiple ballrooms to facilitate any size wedding. The catering was amazing. We had the chicken and pork loin and it was phenomenal. I couldn’t have asked for a more beautiful setting for my wedding and I am thankful to have found them! Thank you, Northern Lights Ballroom!…
- Flawless Execution, Great Food, Beautiful Venue
First off, I would like to say that I had incredibly high expectations going into our wedding day… I work in the industry and I have overseen the execution of thousands of weddings throughout my career… Northern Lights Ballroom, blew me away, and I did not feel as if I was “working” my own wedding (which says a lot because I notice all of the little details)… We knew we were in good hands at the start of the planning process, and that really paved the way for our wedding day… We ended up coming short on our guest count which we were locked into in order to book the entire ballroom… So Bryony (our sales manager) spoke to the chef, and they provided late night pizza for us and upgraded food items on our dinner buffet at no cost to us… They didn’t have to do that since we were contractually obligated to pay for all of the guests, but they wanted us to get value for our dollars spent… That set the tone for our actually day, and we felt appreciated and taken care of… The food was absolutely amazing!!!!! I received so many compliments on the food, and even 3 weeks after the wedding, I’m still receiving feedback that would make any caterer blush… I wasn’t expecting the “world” with food quality… I knew going in that we were having a buffet, and that buffet food is what it is… But the food we had was absolutely amazing!!! The entire night was a huge success, the team at Northern Lights really knows their stuff, and made my wife and I’s reception one to remember for the rest of our lives!!!…
Morgan & Jara
- I loved Northern Lights !! Excellent service the food was great it couldnt have been better ! Everything was absolutely beautiful .. staff was great and wendy was awesome always answering every question for us and very patient with all the changes I made ! Wouldnt have chose anywhere else .. thanks northern lights for making my day amazing…
- Thank you for a wonderful experience working with Wendy and Bryony. You made our 50th Milaca Class reunion a hit! So easy to work with you in putting this special event together. I would recommended Northern Lights Banquet Center to anyone who is looking for a venue for a event. The food was delicious.
Thank you so much,
The class of 1964
- Steve From Rat Rod Magazine
Eats here often, and all I can say is the food is fabulous. Well prepared. Wendy is a well seasoned cook and between Wendy and Bryony they do a fantastic job.
I would recommend all to eat and enjoy what Northern Lights has to offer.
I drive a total of 16 miles out of my way to enjoy the great foods they have to offer, rather than driving with in a mile to the local establishments.
Can’t say enough and can’t wait till the next best car show in the area.Thanks
Steve & Kim Thaemert
- WOW, WOW, WOW is all you can say about Northern Lights! You were amazing to work with. I knew how much everything was going to be up front. There were no hidden costs. I got updated e-mails with updated prices anytime I changed anything. Bry was always there to answer any questions I had. She made sure everything ran smoothly on our big day. The food was awesome. Everything was tender and hot. Everyone enjoyed the food. The ballroom is beautiful! Worked great for everything we needed. Prices were great, and all the staff was nice and friendly. You guys are truly amazing to work with. I will recommend you to everyone I know getting married or if they need it for an event. What a great business you have I can’t thank you enough for everything! You guys helped my day be even more special, you’re the best!Thank you,
Amber & Craig Wellman, Milaca, MN
- I was very impressed with the whole planning process and the actual reception. You were great to work with and easy to contact. Everything was carried out how I wanted and I appreciated your flexibility in starting earlier and doing a few things differently than most couples.The food was great and the space was large enough for our crowd. It is so beautiful and I liked that I didn’t need to hardly decorate at all. That’s a big plus! Thanks so much! I will definitely recommend you to others!Thank you very much for all of your hard work and making our day so beautiful and full of wonderful memories.I wish we could re-do the day again and again, it was truly a dream come true!
We are as many of our guests, very impressed with your professionalism and hard work. We are truly appreciative!
Lacee & Tim Biesiada, Zimmerman, MN
- Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It was the best party ever!Carl & Judy Hallbeck, Princeton, MN
- I would recommend your establishment to anyone in need of a place to have a party! I have been in many different places for weddings as well as other occasions, your place is by far the better of them! You place has plenty of room for guests to mingle as well as a nice big dance floor! To top it off the food is wonderful!!!Kim Barnes, Princeton, MN
- Northern Lights Banquet and Ballroom was a pleasure to work with. The services offered are very professional, and the people are very friendly and caring. We are so very glad we had our wedding reception there; they took care of everything and then some! We would recommend them for any special occasion!Christine Oien, Duluth, MN
- The service, the food (and cake!), and just the overall look of the building. It is a wonderful place and very well run. My favorite thing though, I would have to say, is the sparkly ceiling. I loved that. 🙂
- Allison Robinson, Sauk Rapids, MN
- I just want to take a minute to thank you and your entire staff for a fantastic job! The entire event was perfect. I can’t tell you how impressed my husband and I were with all of you. There is nothing that was left undone. Please praise everyone for a job well done. Blessings to you all!The VanHooser’s, Princeton, MN
- I am so pleased we chose your facility for our daughter’s wedding reception. You have made the event memorable in our minds and in the minds of everyone who attendedDeb Sonnenberg, Oak Park, MN
- Thank you for your support and help with our class reunion. You’ve helped make this event a success! Everything was wonderful! The food, the tables, the service! Everyone I talked to loved the ballroom! I am so glad we were able to hold the reunion at your ballroom!Thanks,Gail & Beth, Princeton, MN
- I really love the size and cleanliness of the building. The bathrooms are awesome and many of my guests noticed this as well. All the employees were wonderful and everyone was extremely easy to work with. You made the whole wedding planning experience stress free for me!!! Thanks a million 🙂Kailyn Houtsma, Ogilvie, MN
- Thank you so very much for such a wonderful evening. Everything went very well- thanks to you and your staff. You facility is beautiful and a perfect place to hold such an event. Many people who hadn’t been to Northern Lights had favorable comments. We are hoping to do this again next year and will certainly give you a call.
You have been superb to work with.Janette
- Wow wow. WOW. That’s all that comes to mind. Wow. What a beautiful venue! It’s a bride’s dream – custom built for weddings and events – the ballrooms are just gorgeous! They don’t look like a hotel banquet room, they look like a wedding banquet room. The walls are neutral and nicely decorated, the area is spacious, and the ceilings are just amazing. The owners put an amazing amount of of detail into the decorating. within the decorative ceiling moulding, entire sections of the ceiling sparkle. Not “disco ball” sparkle.. just an ethereal kind of sparkle. Beautiful!I am very excited to see such a first-rate venue, so close to home, and at such reasonable prices. Price shouldn’t be the be-all-and-end-all of weddings, but it’s great to see something affordable as an option locally. I’ve known far too many brides who’ve regretted their choice of reception halls after the fact.Now, I really want to spread the world about this venue, because I believe EVERYONE is entitled to a gorgeous wedding.. and booking here would be a monumental first step in that direction.
Wink Design Group now Celebration Generation
- Hello Northern Lights and everyone there that was a part of our day on February 28th! Michael and I can not thank
you all enough for everything you did to make it all perfect. Everything went so smoothing, the place was gorgeous,
and the food was absolutely incredible! We are still getting compliments on everything! We couldn’t have asked for
anything better and we just wanted to say thank you 🙂Samantha Kenmir